I’ve tried lots of natural beauty products – from haircare, to deodorant – I wanted to try this because it only contains natural ingredients. I’m trying to move away from supermarket-sold products that contain lots of nasty things that aren’t good for your body, including aluminum.
From coconut oil to Jojoba oil, it’s vegan and cruelty free, and their packaging is made from sustainable glass jar with bamboo lid – so no plastic. Lots of wins here.
Unfortunately I’ve tried this for just under 4 weeks and honestly, I’ve never been so smelly. I bought the full sample set, £8.49 in total (+£1.49 delivery) containing 6x 5g pots of different smells/types, including:
- FRESH – Fresh, fruity and flowery with hints of Jasmine, Bergamot, Patchouli, Vanilla, Orange, and Lavender.
- FOREST – Black Spruce, Sandalwood, Vanilla and Lemon all combine perfectly to provide that fresh forest scent
- FRUIT – Predominately Orange, Mandarin and Lemon with background hints of Pine and Mint.
- SEA BREEZE – Scented with a refreshing blend of Lime, Lemon, Lavender and a subtle hint of Spearmint for extra freshness.
- SENSITIVE – This is our baking soda free ‘Sensitive’ version which is suitable for all and any skin types. Lemon, Geranium and Vanilla provide a lovely unisex scent that is sure to keep you smelling fresh all day long.
- SIMPLE – Our most simple formula with only 6 ingredients perfectly balanced. Unscented.
As instructed, each morning after a shower, I warmed up a small amount before rubbing into my (dry) pits. Straight away, my pits were wet! Gross – honestly, this doesn’t usually happen, even if I go without any deo on (blame lie-in’s at the weekend). I persevered but by lunchtime, I could smell my pits so I washed and re-applied. I had to do the same each evening, though I couldn’t be bothered to re-apply so I just washed instead. I did this for 4 weeks, so can’t be told I didn’t try. I even went back to my Aurelia natural deodorant when I got really fed up.
Even though it didn’t work for me, I’d recommend trying Simple Effective deo at least. The sample pots are a no-brainer to figure out if it works for you and which smell you like, so you can invest in the bigger pots (from £9.99). As mentioned, it costs just under £10 for the 6 samples (including delivery).
I’m disappointed, especially after reading lots of amazing reviews. It just wasn’t for me.
• • •
Thanks for reading :) This article is tagged with: